The eSurface technology is an additive circuit process, that produces ultra-fine conductive features. It can also be utilized as an optimum approach to the semi-additive process of the industry. This proprietary process that can metalize a variety of surfaces, regardless of shape or size, can be licensed by manufacturers to enhance their fabrication process, enabling new product design solutions for cutting-edge applications, while realizing huge cost savings.
The eSurface technology in its most basic form, provides the following technical advantages:
- Reduces production steps: The eSurface technology can reduce or eliminate conventional PCB manufacturing process steps.
- No etch complications: Opens design rules for etch back and undercutting tolerances, enabling tighter tolerances and ending complications with overhang such as signal integrity.
- Higher yield on finer features: The eSurface technology enables high manufacturing yields of fine pitch geometries found on HDI applications, facilitating reliable and repeatable sub 1 mil conductor trace width and spacing.
- Opens up opportunity to add features: Smaller circuit density capability affords additional room to add circuitry and components in the same volumetric area.
- Unleashes material selections: the eSurface technology can metallize standard industry substrates, as well as a variety of new substrates including non-planar and flexible surfaces. The eSurface technology is also being tested for use with other industry materials such as: glass, plastics and composites.
- Increased manufacturing efficiency: fewer equipment and chemical needs and a smaller footprint required, paired with higher yields and recoverable processing, increases manufacturing efficiency.
- Provides a recoverable process during lamination steps: With no high temperature processes or chemistries volatile to substrate, layers can be reworked if necessary.
- Superior bond: Provides excellent bond of metal on substrates when used in conjunction with proper surface preparation techniques.
- MIL/IPC specifications: Circuits produced with the eSurface proprietary process have physical and mechanical properties that can exceed many IPC and industry critical standards, typically with appreciably better peel strength.
- Reduced Hazardous Waste: The eSurface technology eliminates etch processing, reducing the need for hazardous chemicals and lowers waste generation.